Protect nutrients, preserve taste and improve branding
Protection Through Science
Holland Colours’ LightGuard offers UV protection for brand owners and converters who are looking for:
- protection against the degradation of nutrients and vitamins by (ultraviolet) light in packaged food such as juice
- and/or protection against flavor degradation for example in beer where light (both UV and visible) will cause the so called “light struck” effect, a bad off-flavor
- and/or protection against the degradation of colorants in detergents, dish washing liquid, hair oil etc.
Available in solid and liquid formats, our LightGuard can be used alone or with other additives or colorants to get the right coverage.
Used in: Beer/wine, Condiments and dry food, Cosmetics and Personal care, Detergents, Fruit Juice, Pharma, Ready to drink tea.
- Perfect content protection while maintaining branding
- Can be used by itself or with HCA colorants
- Highly accurate and consistent online dosing
- Cost reduction due to shorter downtime
- Easy to dose and long shelf life
- Available with additional visible light absorption and oxygen scavengers.
Protect the contents as well as the brand
Product protection and brand identification are crucial for marketing continuity. We support your product’s UV security along with the colorant best fit for the job. LightGuard provides highly accurate and consistent online dosing.
With easy implementation, there is a noticable cost reduction due to shorter downtime when compared to competitive additives. LightGuard was created as a standalone product but we also offer it pre-colored in several standard products. Of course, we can always custom-match based on your specific product need.
Our industry-leading product stewardship team will give you peace of mind, knowing that all of our products are up to code. We'll keep you informed and up to date on all relevant new regulatory developments.