How Plastic Improves Our Lives ...
Strong, lightweight and moldable, plastics are used in thousands of products that add comfort, convenience, and safety to our everyday lives. Plastic is valuable in preventing food waste with excellent sealing and durability and is widely used in place of wood by the ecological building & construction industry.
Some interesting facts about plastics…
- Using plastics, packaging weight is reduced by as much as 400%, leading to lower production & energy costs.
- Renewable energies rely on plastics (pipes, solar panels, wind turbines, rotors).
- Plastic lumber can replace treated wood, which is considered a hazardous waste material by many landfills.
- Up to 12 times stronger than steel, plastic makes cars safer, lighter and more fuel efficient.
- Plastics are now the #1 choice for protheses.
- A reusable plastic grocery tote weighs less than alternative materials, such as canvas.
- Where metal may start to rust, plastic window profiles have high resistance to corrosion, making them perfect for use in rainy and humid regions.
- Silicone bake ware, because of its non-stick nature, requires less butter and oil before baking, thereby decreasing the fat content in the prepared food.
- Because plastic is highly recyclable, it's use reduces the amount of non-recyclable trash generation and the need for the production of virgin replacement parts.
- Given the rapid changes of the electronics industry, plastic is the most economical and flexible product available to meet the needs of today's digital world.
- Storing food in sealed plastic containers keeps leftovers fresh and reduces overall food waste.
- Walls and framing made of plastic can be easily cleaned after natural disasters such as flooding.
Colors impact our psychology, behavior and emotions. Adding color to plastic brings color to our lives. It helps create a product's image and plays a role in identification. Together with our customers, we co-create sustainable colorants and additives that are efficient, effective and esthetic.